Find something

Friday, 5 September 2014

Parkour - the thing we programmers envy

I am deviating from my topic here, but I got to post about this one!

Wikipedia defines this art or sport as:
Parkour (French pronunciation: ​[paʁˈkuʁ]) is a holistic training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle course training. Practitioners aim to get from A to B in the most efficient way possible.They do this using only their bodies and their surroundings to propel themselves.Furthermore, they try to maintain as much momentum as is possible in a safe manner. Parkour can include obstacle courses, running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling, quadrupedal movement, and the like, depending on what movement is deemed most suitable for the given situation.
 This "discipline" requires a lot (and I mean a lot!) of practice, patience and pain tolerance (yes, that's right). But when you can pull it off perfectly, it truly turns out to be something amazing. To see what I mean, here are some videos:
This showed that it's no child's play (or maybe it is ;-P). Here are some awesome videos:

This video was uploaded in 2012 (that's what they say). The next one is even better! Here it is:
I wish I was that athletic. Well, c'est la vie! I'm perhaps better off as a programmer. But man I really do envy these adrenaline junkies!

Most Viewed